My Blog List

Monday, 22 January 2018

Camosun's Public Relations


Camosun’s Public Relations

Lynnea Bruce

January 22, 2018

I don’t believe I have ever seen Camosun advertised in newspapers, radio or on television. That being said, I pay very little attention to those forms of media. I remember watching the news before dinner with my dad when I was younger but as I got older, I found my news sources elsewhere. For the most part, anything I am going to be interested in will make its way onto my Facebook page or I’ll hear about it from someone else. If I know a special story or person is going to be featured on TV, the radio or in the newspaper, I’ll make a special point of looking for it.

Thinking about the population of Camosun College, I think a lot of students would have a similar story and opinion as I do. The majority of students at Camosun are fairly local. We knew about the school because it’s close to home, not because we saw it on TV or on the radio. I don’t feel that Camosun would change very much based on a greater or lesser public relations presence. I do however, feel that creating a stronger public relations presence would entice more students to attend here if they felt Camosun was an exciting and inviting school, from what they saw in the media.     

No comments:

Post a Comment